Protective Order

Any victim of past or potential future violence or abuse by a current or past "co-habitant" may request a protective order from a Utah district court. "Co-habitant" really means that you have either lived with that person or that you are related by blood, marriage, or have a child together. The court does not charge for the filing of a protective order and most district courts have an office that will assist you in the preparation of documents, to file the documents, or serve the documents—all for no charge. New Horizons assists with filling out these forms.